Disasters in a communication network are often very difficult to predict and there is usually a very small advance notice when a communication line goes down. beroNet Failover Switch provides an effective way for dealing with such unexpected events by re-routing the lines to a back-up line when undesirable changes are detected.
Therefore beroNet provides beroNet Failover Switch, a solution device for PBX Clustering and failover scenarios that requires a physical reconnection of analog, BRI or PRI lines. In addition to this properties, the Failover Switch has two individually switchable powerports on the rear panel, for remote power on /power off or reboot the respective connected devices. The beroNet Failover Switch can be used in two scenarios, the failover scenario or the bypass scenario.
The failover scenario grants the smooth and reliable operation of two PBXs side by side, where the second one will be switched to active only after the failure of the first one in order to reduce downtime to a minimum (see figure). This scenario is not only interesting in failure situations, it could also be used in cases of maintenance, repair or upgrade of your telecommunications equipment.
The bypass scenario is interesting for customers who want to keep their old telephone system and add new functionalities by adding a new PBX in front of the old one (e.g. by an Asterisk system). With the bypass scenario you have the opportunity to add a new PBX between the PSTN Lines and the outgoing Lines of the old PBX system. In the case of a failover, the PSTN Lines will transparently reconnected to the existing old PBX (see figure).
Specifications & DownloadsSpecifications
- 4 x 4RJ45 ports to switch 4 BRI (8 BRI with BFTAdapters) or 4 PRI interfaces
- all 8 pins of each RJ45 are switched
- failover and bypass scenario selectable
- fully controllable over TCP/IP via Webinterface
- fully controllable via API for custom applications
- syslog Output to control the device for individual customer applications
- onboard watchdog for automatic failover switching
- onboard e-mail notification in failover cases
- 2 switchable powerports on the rear of the device for remote reboot purposes
- compliance: CE (EN55022, EN55024, EN60950)
- 1 x ethernet network connector (RJ45)
- 1 x power connector (IEC-60320 C20 , max 16A 230V AC, optional 110V Version)
- 2 x load power connector (IEC-60320 C13, max 10A)
- switching current / total: 16A 3600W
- switching current / port: 10A 2000W
- power consumption: about 5W
- dimensions: 440 x 150 x 42 mm
- weight: approx. 2,3 kg
- storage temperature: -20° to 70°C
- operating temperature: 0° to 40°C
- humidity: up to 90 %, non-condensing
berofos Manual EN
bntools for Windows
bntools for Linux
Datasheet beroNet Failover